INTRODUCING STEFAN BACHMANN’S THE WHATNOT
Welcome to the website of children’s author Stefan Bachmann! If you’d like to find out more about his writing, click on the Books page and read an excerpt from his gothic steampunk fantasy, The Peculiar, or its companion book The Whatnot, which will be released by Greenwillow/HarperCollins on September 24th, 2013. Take a peek at the Extras page for art, music, and tidbits about the 19th century faery-infested England of the books. You can also find various short stories by Stefan, follow him on Twitter, or read about his everyday escapades on his blog. Thanks for dropping by!
• The Cabinet of Curiosities has received its second starred review from Publishers Weekly!
• The Cabinet of Curiosities has received a STARRED review from Kirkus!
• The Whatnot has been chosen as one of VOYA's best science fiction and fantasy books for young adults for 2013.
• The Peculiar has been chosen as one of Fantasy Faction's best books of the year.
• Translation rights for The Peculiar and The Whatnot have now sold in seven languages and HarperCollins's international paperback is available in bookstores worldwide. Check here, to see if a translation will be available in your language.
• The German edition of The Peculiar, called Die Seltsamen, has released from Diogenes Verlag in Germany, Switzerland and Austria to much fanfare, including eight weeks on the Swiss hardcover bestseller list.
• The Cabinet of Curiosities is a Junior Library Guild Selection!
• Stefan Bachmann is on Huffington Post's list of 18 under 18 for 2012.
• Publishers Weekly has given The Whatnot a STARRED review.
• Greenwillow/HarperCollins has contracted two new books from Stefan for release in 2015 and 2016.
• The Peculiar is now an international bestseller.
• The Peculiar is a finalist for the Cybils Award 2012.
• The Peculiar has been named a Publishers Weekly Best Book of the Year.
• The Peculiar was named one of the big children's books of Book Expo America '12, and was a Middle Grade Buzz Book!
• The Peculiar received a STARRED review from Publishers Weekly.
• Independent bookstores across America picked The Peculiar as one of their New Voices of 2012.
• The Peculiar is an Indie Next List Top Ten pick for Autumn 2012.